Monday, August 22, 2011

I do the Hard Workout to Lose Weight

BY Nancy Janiola IN , , 5 comments

It's so good to be back. At least I can get online things done now that I'm back in my own work place - my room. It has been such a struggle for me to get some blog postings done away from my comfort zone. No matter how I try I simply can't get things through my head while in someone else's place.

The result... LONG POST GAP! (Sigh!) When will I ever learn?

Anyway, I'm back and that's what matters now I guess and as promised I will talk about the routine I do to lose weight. So what is it exactly?

photo courtesy of yahoo images
I do Billy Blanks' Tae Bo for a workout. It's a real tough workout I must say. Using the instructional videos I started doing it in 2007 but had to stop after I was being diagnosed of an ovarian cyst at a later part of the year. To cut the story short, I underwent complete surgery November of the same year and it took me years to get completely healed and to gain back enough strength to do things I used to do back when I was still in a healthy condition. Working out is one of them.

I would have been in a perfect shape already after the operation. I feel so light; my shape was like that of a teenager... I couldn't ask for more... sadly my surgery affected my metabolism making it slower than it was. I couldn't control my carb intake during the span of my healing time because I feel like I am always starving I had to gobble regardless. Then I started to bloat. That's when I thought of doing Tae Bo again.

The first attempt in 2009 was a failure though...well probably because my muscles are no longer used to it. I mean I literally passed out while trying to do a particular program. Then I realize maybe I had to start with the basic again - something slow and I did. I took Taebo seriously somewhere in 2010 (around November if I remember it right) and started with the 40-minute aerobic cardio workout for 2 months and added few more grinds along the way.

I've shredded a total of 20 lbs. so far. That's quite an achievement for me already. :D

5 comments:

The Pepperrific Life said...

Wow, losing 20 lbs. is no joke! That's a huge feat! You should be proud of yourself. I might try Tae Bo too, now that you've mentioned it.

Admin said...

Hi Pepper, thanks for visiting Daily Grind! And yes, the workout was worth all the effort.

jenny said...

Hi Nancy,

I did Billy Blanks Taebo in 2007. Your post made me remember myself in '07 - sweating it all out and getting laughed at by my sisters who think taebo looks funny.

How are you now? Are you better after the operation? Hope you'll achieve your desired weight and you'll be healthier.

I know God has healed you and will continue to restore you so that you can achieve the destiny He has prepared for you.

God Bless you.

Jenny
www.mannaforjenny.tumblr.com

mobile chess games said...

What's up everybody, here every one is sharing these kinds of know-how, so it's fastidious to read this website, and I used to
pay a quick visit this blog all the time.

does ovarian cyst miracle really work said...

Informative article, just what I was looking for.