Saturday, December 07, 2013

Just the way I am

BY Nancy Janiola IN 2 comments

I had a bad dream last night that woke me earlier than I used to. On my feet and in the bathroom! I rarely stop and stare at myself in the mirror at the wee hours  just to notice how my hair have grown. I must admit I give very poor attention towards my hair. I’m even too lazy to brush them regularly. I could spend time looking for a student alto saxophone at wwbw than mind how my hair look. Now isn’t that a shame?

The first and the last time I cut my hair so short was when I was like 16 or 17 and promised never to cut it  beyond shoulder length again. Not like I’m good at taking care of it… I just simply want to keep it long even if all I do is to tie if not clasp them up all day long. If I need to look better than while staying at home there’s always a handy hair straightener to save my day.

Somehow men are right. Women are expensive. That’s right. But I’ve been trying to be less and thanks God for the gift of wisdom. I was able to learn some of those DIY (do-it-yourself) woman’s fancy tasks because truth is, I really don’t have a man to pay it all for me when I need them.

student alto saxophone at wwbw

2 comments:

Rachael Bradshaw said...

Good day,I'm a femme lesbian, I've turned 26 this year. I'm white and live in South Africa. English isn't my mother tongue but Afrikaans is. Just like Charlize Theron. I'm a farm girl, and can pretty much do anything, as I'm the oldest of 4 children and the only daughter.I usually have long golden blonde lockey hair that falls down my mid-back. With my sparkley denim-blue eyes and natural make-up you wouldn't say I'm gay. Long story short, I cut 35 cm plus of my hair off, and donated it to a cancer org. That makes wigs for people who suffer of cancer. I sport a short hairstyle that's half pixie half mowhawk. It's funny how stereotypes rule the world. When I have long hair no one notices I'm gay, but I guess that's what makes a bit of mystery so much fun. When my hair is short, everyone assumes I'm gay, and butch too. They don't notice I'm actually still wearing the same womens clothes and shoes, with the make-up. They only notice the hair. So automatically you "appear" butch in every way. I love my long hair and when my year of wearing short hair for cancer is over, it's back to growing my sexy locks. Lots of work but still love it.I enjoyed your sarcasm because I saw what you meant by it. Well written. Ultimately a lesbian woman comes in any shape,form or appearance. It's how you see yourself that matters. Beauty comes from the heart. You can be a model and I won't notice you, but be beautiful inside and I will notice you. Beauty is truely in the eye of the beholder. I firmly believe in that. We are all women, and every woman is beautiful. Love yourself before you can love someone else. Because no one else can make you happy but you yourself. If you are happy with yourself, you will attracct the right type of person into your life, not to heal, fix or make happy, but to share in your happiness with her happiness. Always remember that.Kind Regards Mags.

Devin C. Kelley said...

To my knowledge, I’ve only slept with one married man. It was a British guy from my first summer in New York, and I’ve written about him before. A white dude with brown hair and blue eyes, he told me he had a high-paying, fancy Wall Street job in lower Manhattan. He was cute. I was attracted to his face and his British accent, not his money. I bought my own drinks to prove it. He told me was single. We flirted for hours over countless beers and cocktails until I eventually took him home. We had sex, but it wasn’t especially good. (Probably my fault as much as it was his; we’d both had a lot to drink.) In any case, once it was over, he asked, “Do you mind if I go home?” I told him he was free to leave if he wanted. I wasn’t going to beg him to sleep over. His response was: “My wife wouldn’t like it if I stayed.” When I reminded him said he was divorced, he replied something like: “Divorced. Separated. Unhappily married. What’s the difference?” Mind you, I don’t have any moral objections to men fucking around on their wives or women screwing around on their hubbies. It’s not my business. However, if I’m in bed with a guy who lies to me about being single, that’s a different story. It felt like he purposely didn’t tell me his status because he thought I wouldn’t sleep with him if I knew. That’s shitty. Give me the truth and let me decide whether or not I want your penis in my body.